1.Partner with a local congregations of color by consistently holding joint ministries and worship services.
2.Incorporating diversity and support for anti-racist work in the call process for a new Pastor.
3.Continue to have intentional, multiethnic discussions and learning opportunities as a faith community around racism.
- Host a monthly discussion highlighting different cultures
- Compile videos of famous Black people talking about their journeys to watch together (i.e. Neil deGrass Tyson, Oprah, etc.)
- Begin a book club to discuss books written by Black authors both fiction and non-fiction
- Host discussions on race for the community that aren’t centered around Christianity (AA style)
4. Create strong community partners that we frequently volunteer with.
- Strengthen our relationship with CFLS and the returning women
- Provide tutoring for neighborhood children, especially around St. Matthew Lutheran Church
- Create a partnership with Sacha Bruce house, Southeast Ministries, etc.
5. Congregation to purchase goods and services from Black owned businesses and encourage members to do the same.